Friday 18 November 2011

rag doll

Hi all, i also tried to make a day of the dead ragdoll but got very tired and bored to be honest :(. I ended up just wrapping a bit of material around the doll for the dress without stitching it because I really dont have the patience im afraid.



I agree with Charlie, it would be too time consuming for younger children, but I was thinking perhaps it could be a way of involving parents. I remember my mum making a ragdoll from a pattern given out by my primary school (many years ago). However, in reality the parents may end up cursing us!



I'll try to make some salt dough decorations (as agreed with group yestersday) with kayls tomorrow, take some photos and make an "instruction" sheet - not sure how it'll work without a cookie cutter skull shape but I reckon I'll come up with something.

2 comments:

  1. forgot to say, made my doll from black and white felt, black embroidery thread and wool, red ribbon (left over from my halloween costume)and a patterned fabric napkin i picked up from my local charity shop for 10p. The dolls filled with cotton and halloween spider webbing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. trust helanie to do a bang up job love it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete